We believe in:
- Learning as the fundamental purpose for our work
- A collaborative culture in which we learn together
- A focus on results
- Partnerships with parents & community
- Ensuring that all students are prepared for any path they choose
Hot Springs County School District No. 1 Goals
Goal #1:To refine the present system of continuous improvement through focus and implementation of the PLC model to ensure that learning and teaching is producing desired goals.
- Regular reporting to the board regarding process of PLC work
- Increase percentage of students by ten percent reaching college readiness targets by content areas as determined by Explore, Plan and ACT.
- Implement strategies to achieve 100% graduation rate.
- Implement strategies to improve composite average ACT to 22.
- Increase achievement in all academic areas with emphasis on Math.
Goal #2: Develop communication strategies to effectively engage parents, community and state policymakers to create a greater understanding of the educational priorities of the district and the partnerships necessary for ALL students to succeed.
- Develop consistent presentations to be made to parents at all levels.
- Create commitment agreements between school and parents.
- Utilize Message Board to convey information to stimulate interest of patrons.
- Use activity events to message district accomplishments.
- Work with and involve the board to formalize stakeholder engagement plan.
Goal #3: Explore ways to increase wage and benefit compensation to mirror district and community expectations.
- Study comparable districts to determine how our compensation package compares.
- Calculate steps and lanes as early as possible to project compensation commitments for ensuing years.
- Evaluate other funding sources to determine if funds can be made available to improve compensation.
- Evaluate existing funding to determine if there is potential to increase efficiencies.
- Research options related to the possibility of creating alternative compensation opportunities.
Goal #4: Continue to prioritize the work of the district to ensure that appropriate time is available to meet the district goals.
- Reporting Accountability of Smart goals.
- Prioritize collaboration as reflected in building schedules.
- Standardize teacher-team meetings using PLC model.
Adopted by the Hot Springs County School District No. 1 Board of Trustees on August 16, 2012. vis id.